Wednesday 10 September 2014

イニシエーションスタード!

This week is the new dorm student's initiation week, which means that all week each dorm has to dress up as a certain theme. Somehow, I ended up being the leader for our dorm. (By somehow, I mean the only new girl without a full grasp of English lost janken-pon and I felt bad...) so I've been bugging people since we got here to get everything ready. :')
Our dorm is dressing as the Avengers (albeit in a fairly lazy manner)!
As well as this, we also have to do a dance on 'バカ山/bakayama' , one of the two big hills in front of the Honkan, which is the main class building. We haven't fully finished it yet, but hopefully it'll be good we we're first up!

I've also been up to a fair bit the last week or so, but not had time to write about it! So far, I've been to...
Tsukiji,the world-famous fish market, at 5am with Canada House (the men's dorm) and 3rd Women's Dorm. Us Keyaki folks weren't technically invited, but a friend of mine got invited and took me along. It was really tasty!


Jindaiji temple, which is right down the road from our university. I got a 'omikuji' (fortune thing) for the first time, and got the most lucky one! Yeess! I also got to try Japanese pear ice cream (delicious) and odango, which was tasty.I do love me some Japanese food.
Harajuku and Shibuya, to meet up with Eri and Ayaka - two lovely 2012 Ango-Japanese society members. They helped me get a phone even though it took forever, and we went for ramen!

I feel like I might maybe be getting into the swing of things here, even though classes are INTENSE.
I got into Intensive Japanese C, which is the highest Intensive class. That means I'm taking J5 and J6, which would normally be done in a semester each, both in this semester. But then I'll be in the Advanced class which would be amazing! However, it has meant that my brain is 100% fried by the time I finish classes most days. I hope that it'll be worth it and I don't get kicked out for being too sucky, haha. 



No comments:

Post a Comment